LinkedIn now has over 800 million registered users making it a prime place of business for working professionals. If creating a trusted brand and presence in your chosen field is something you are after, then mastering all facets of LinkedIn and striving to become that leading authority will be a key to your success. Creating content and sharing it with your audience is an integral part of any successful marketing strategy on the platform.
If you’re anything like me and you are creating a reasonable amount of content on LinkedIn you’re going to want to manage your time efficiently by writing batches of content and scheduling those posts in advance.
Scheduling your posts in advance will allow you to increase productivity, maintain a consistent rhythm of content, and minimise the risk of forgetting to post on a particular day or overlapping old and new content.
This is why you should be scheduling your content on LinkedIn!
- It will allow you to maintain a consistent content cadence – Once you have created your monthly or weekly content strategy calendar, you are now ready to schedule your posts in advance. Scheduling in advance is going to allow you to create a consistent content flow each week.
This process will also allow you to identify any content gaps for the week and avoid any last-minute mishaps. It’s something I use to great effect with my team and it frees me up to focus on other parts of the business.
- You’ll increase productivity – By making the decision to start scheduling your posts in advance you allow the person (Or people) responsible for pushing them live to efficiently schedule a batch all in one go, now those individuals can free up their focus for other things, like analysing results and planning future content. Additionally, this makes posting much more streamlined for the people in my team who manage all our accounts across multiple social networks.
- You’ll minimise cross over and mistakes – scheduling your posts ahead of time is a great way to minimise the risk of things getting lost in the day to day running of a business, all too often when things get busy we see tasks missed or mixed up, the person responsible for posting content gets caught up with another task or the office internet goes down. All these things mean an important post doesn’t get published or we duplicate content. Having your weekly content schedule locked in mitigates the risk of encountering these issues.
The more posts you schedule the more valuable content you can provide to your audience, allowing you to drive traffic and engagement to your profile and build a larger network on the platform.
- Track Analytics – Depending on the software scheduling tool that you choose you may be able to track the analytics of your posts which will allow you to come up with improved strategies and content ideas based on the data that’s being provided. It’s a great way to see what’s working and what’s not and will allow you to follow the metrics and improve your future content.
Does LinkedIn have a scheduling tool?
No, it does not unfortunately, there is still no way to do directly schedule posts through your LinkedIn account. The good news though is that there are ways to do this.
What you’ll need is an account with one of the many social media management tools that are out there. Many of them will start you off with a free account that will suit most LinkedIn members and you can always upgrade later.
While I don’t necessarily advocate for one particular tool you may want to check these out:
- Hootsuite (See LinkedIn’s example of how to schedule in Hootsuite)
- Meet Edgar
- Salesforce Social Studio
If you’re serious about content marketing and building an audience on LinkedIn it won’t be long before you’ll find it very hard to keep up without using one of these tools. Even more so if you delegate this work to a team member or outsource it.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 800+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s Best-selling book F“Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Learn more about the four most effective conversion strategies for LinkedIn success
When we analysed the most successful conversion campaigns amongst these, we found there are four very specific strategies that deliver the most consistent results year after year. We call them ‘The Magic Four’. Take the Questionnaire now to assess your suitability Click Here
If you enjoyed this content today we would love your help! We would really appreciate it if you could take a moment to write us a Google review about your experience: Google Review Here!