Facebook or Eventbrite’s dominion over Events may soon be old news, now that LinkedIn has entered the market with a bang!
In an age where discussions, comments and opinions are prone to getting lost in the shuffle – LinkedIn Groups encourage users to focus on a certain topic in one corner of the online world.
How many LinkedIn groups are you a part of?
LinkedIn Groups allow the committed and excited users to forge new business relationships with like-minded professionals, add value and learn from others.
However, a LinkedIn study showed that nearly 80% of LinkedIn members consider professional networking to be important when you are actively seeking new opportunities and success. Whether it’s an alumni happy hour, industry networking event, casual meetup, or a team offsite, events are a great way for professionals to take the online communities they have nurtured and bring them to life.
One of the most effective ways you and I can make the most of what LinkedIn has to offer is to spend more time in the coterie of business professionals.
Although, for some people who “do not have enough time” to participate in these groups online, but would still like to reap the benefits of such wonderful communities – LinkedIn’s new Events feature can sure be a life-saver!
What exactly is LinkedIn’s new Events feature?
Wouldn’t you agree that face-to-face meetings are quintessential if you really wish to build relationships with your peers, colleagues, mentors, and other influential people?
The LinkedIn Events feature provides members with an easy way to create and join professional events in an attempt to push the active and professional communities in the direction of growth by building authentic, face-to-face relationships.
LinkedIn users can use this amazing feature to connect online with other members to meet fellow connections offline in a professional capacity.
What are its features of it and how do you use it?
Are you wondering what to expect with LinkedIn Events? Read on:
– Create an event: As an event organiser you may create a new event on desktop or on your mobile, and become the event’s host. You will also have decide on the event details like venue, date and time, description, a unique hashtag to encourage people to follow you and so on.
– Promote your event: As a host, you can invite your connections and share the event with your vast network to encourage more and more people to join you. Attendees can also invite people in their network who might be interested in participating in the event.
– Manage your event: As an organiser, you can easily track attendees and invitees, post updates about your event, edit the details if the time or location changes, and even follow-up with the attendees after the event.
– Talk to fellow attendees on the events page: A great feature here allows all event attendees to chat with each other in the event page feed before, during, and after the event to share their excitement, ask questions, e-meet one another, share videos and photos from the event, and maintain the relations you have built along the way.
– Wondering who else from your circle will be attending the event? Attendees can also take a look at the guest list and use LinkedIn’s search filters to see who else is going, what industry they work in, and start building connections right then.
Remember: If an event is private, the organiser must provide permission to the attendees to invite their connections. The event organiser is also entitled to withdraw an invitation or remove an attendee if they wish.
How will it help business owners and other users alike?
For the relatively passive users who only log in occasionally, do not post or engage in most activities on the platform, or do so only in work-related events specific to their industry – LinkedIn Events might interest you!
How will this new feature serve as a catalyst for the growth of business owners on LinkedIn?
– Soft sell to a whole new audience of prospects and industry folks: LinkedIn Events is a great way for companies to reach out to new leads and fellow business professionals. For those brands who intend to use professional meetings and networking opportunities as a great way to promote their brand to new people – you must give LinkedIn events a shot!
– One step closer to finding your tribe: Are you looking to find more prospective clients and influential leaders from your industry? Create an event, invite relevant connections with whom you wish to build a relationship and engage better with your target audience through the event and follow-up discussions. LinkedIn Events can be an excellent addition to your event-based marketing strategy and toolset.
– Credibility in the LinkedIn community: As you host multiple events and connect with hundreds of people in the course of this experience, you have a chance to be in the LinkedIn limelight. Especially for small business owners who intend to “get found” and make their way up to the top, LinkedIn events could help you attraction the right kind of attention and respect!
Importance of events in your marketing strategy
As you already know, there are lots of ways to use LinkedIn for marketing purposes without splurging on ads.
But let’s discuss why Events are your most important marketing tool:
– Sales: Whether your company is B2B or B2C, taking the leap to be there in person at a networking event gives you the opportunity to establish meaningful human and professional relationships. The fact that you can clarify your lead’s questions in an instant means that your chances of closing a deal are higher!
– Grow your leads and database: Say a prospect did not convert or you could not seal the deal at an event, you can simply add them to your database and try again next time! A recent study found that 64% of respondents used events for new prospects and business opportunities, and 63% used them for lead sourcing.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 700 million LinkedIn users
currently active – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart
ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and
outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program on our Free Trial
Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat