For any professionals out there the most interesting part of the journey are the stories behind what got you to where you are today. Just like each and every one of us is not the same and we all have different characteristics as humans, no two professionals are the same: your skills, career paths, aspirations, goals and dreams are all unique.
LinkedIn is a great way for you as a professional to share your journey in an engaging, authentic and genuine way, it’s a starting point for connecting with the right communities and connections that will expand your community.
I want to share with you today some tools that will allow you to bring your professional story to life and help you create a more expressive and inclusive profile.
The first thing you are going to want to get right is your video cover story, it’s a great to personalise your first “Hello” so you can engage your audience and reach the people you want to.
Use your cover video to feature the following:
- Talk about your area of expertise
- Showcase your personality
- Highlight your specific goals
- Career Highlights
Things to remember when creating your cover story video:
- This is a short promo for your brand or the services you offer
- Use a microphone to ensure quality sound
- Check the lighting, and ensure its of good quality
- Write a script with a clear concise message
- Use captions
- Finish with a call to action
Once you have added your cover story, you will see an orange ring appear around your profile photo, and a preview of your video will auto-play silently within your profile photo.
Freelancers and small businesses can attract new clients by using a cover story to talk about your services. You can create a dedicated company or service page right from your profile, it will allow you to reach more people and build your community.
Creator mode introduction
Each day we see LinkedIn members sharing and connecting like never before, we are living in a world that at heart is craving connection, It’s a place where people can connect and share in a community or creators and like-minded contacts. LinkedIn users love to see creators give their take on what’s happening in their industries, share insights into business trends and whether that’s a post, a video, an article or even a comment. If this sounds like you then creator mode is a must to add to your profile.
Creator mode is a free feature which can be activated via a LinkedIn member’s profile. It’s for users who regularly share updates, post content and commentate on topics in their area of expertise. Creator mode is a setting designed to encourage users to post more of their own content.
Activating creator mode helps you grow your reach and influence and gives you access to additional tools and features (e.g. an external link in intro card, LinkedIn Newsletter & LinkedIn Live).
Enable Creator mode to gain access to additional tools and features that will help you create content and grow your audience.
- Live video: With live video, you can broadcast content directly to your profile so you can interact with your audience in real-time, drive deeper engagement and establish your thought leadership.
- Newsletters: As a newsletter author, you can regularly distribute content on a topic you’re passionate about. Plus, ensure your content is seen with automated email and in-app notifications.
- Get discovered: Creator mode continues to help potential followers find you and your content across LinkedIn. With creator mode on, you’re eligible to be featured as a suggested creator to follow.
With creator mode, you can add hashtags to indicate what topics you post about the most — for example, #design or #mentorship. It will move your Featured and Activity sections to the top of your Profile to more prominently display your content, and change the “Connect” button to “Follow,” to help you engage your community and build a following.
To turn on creator mode:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View profile.
- Click on Creator mode under Your Dashboard.
- Click Next on the preview pop-up window.
- Add topics (hashtags) to indicate the topics you post about the most.
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for businesses and individuals alike, creating your authentic story and bringing that to life is a great way to build your business and create your own community on the platform.
Get Started Today!
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 800+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s Best-selling book F“Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Learn more about the four most effective conversion strategies for LinkedIn success
When we analysed the most successful conversion campaigns amongst these, we found there are four very specific strategies that deliver the most consistent results year after year. We call them ‘The Magic Four’. Take the Questionnaire now to assess your suitability Click Here