Are you wondering how the leading companies support their business goals using LinkedIn? Do you wish to create a stronger presence for your company on LinkedIn?
Here’s how: Increase your visibility.
While it seems easier said than done, with LinkedIn becoming popular by the day as the biggest social media platforms for professionals – there are a myriad ways to make your business stand out on LinkedIn.
How can companies stand out in this day and age?
It is said that you can sell absolutely anything with the right positioning and content marketing strategies in this day and age. Think about this – a diamond, shiny piece of rock became one of the most expensive possessions with proper branding and PR.
However, even though the secret is out, many small businesses still struggle with working the magic.
There are 3 key areas you should focus on to stand out in the age of content marketing. LinkedIn and other social media platforms allow you to do exactly this and so much more:
– Tell a good story that your following will want to hear
Did you know: Internet users generate about 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
With an information saturation, we are being bombarded with multiple products, choices and content. While it is difficult to differentiate and build your own identity, it is certainly not impossible. The secret to sharing your story creatively is by getting personal and humanising your brand. When you create organic content that your followers can empathise and connect with, the toughest part is over – they will come back for more.
– Find your perfect target audience and engage with them
If you have nailed your content strategy for LinkedIn or otherwise, as a next step, it is imperative to ensure that your content is being heard and read by the right groups of people. You need not cater to all, but you must make a difference with the right crowd. Once you have reached out to your following, make sure that you also keep their interests piqued by staying active and engaging with them more often.
– Quick responses and legendary customer service
The more that you focus on the first two aspects, you will soon make your way up to the top. What comes after is potential clients who will reach out to you for your service or product. Every customer expects great service. Companies can succeed on this front by being polite, giving them the best deals and responding to their concerns and questions quickly.
Get your SEO game up and stand out
With more than 500 million LinkedIn users today, a lot of companies are vying for attention on LinkedIn. The best way to improve your online presence on and off LinkedIn is by optimising your profile.
As you may already know, as Google and other search engines index LinkedIn pages in their search results – this gives you yet another way to be discovered.
For starters, you can begin by making the following changes or additions:
– A complete profile: The reason anyone visits your page or your company’s is because they wish to know more. If your profile is underdone or incomplete, you lose a potential client or business relation right there!
– Keywords and hashtag research: Whether it is a website or content on LinkedIn, keywords and hashtags are essentially how people find what they are looking for, what differentiates you from others and at the same time help increase visibility for your brand. Do a quick research to find the right keywords to use.
– Customise your LinkedIn URL: You probably already know that a default URL is full of numbers and characters which makes it hard for anyone to remember. Customising your URL makes you seem like a savvy, active LinkedIn user and eventually creates a good first impression.
– Add a working link to your company’s website: Sometimes, missing out on trivial yet significant details such as this may lead to losing leads or clients. Ensure that the link to your company’s website is working to avoid this.
– An amazing website: websites are the gateway into your company’s world. A visually appealing website with great content and pictures will attract more visitors than you would expect.
– Be a thought leader: Content is everywhere. But, there sure is a dearth of meaningful and useful content that has the power to make a user stop scrolling and actually read what is written. Stay original and create organic content to increase your following organically.
LinkedIn was created for users like us to build meaningful, mutually-beneficial relations. While you can generate leads simply using ads and marketing, over time it will seem like you are helping yourself and defying the purpose of an amazing tool.
What can you do outside of LinkedIn?
Visibility has become possible for anyone who sees it as an essential element of growing your business if you really are committed to helping and serving a larger crowd using useful content that resonates with a larger audience.
– Write blogs: if you are seeking fresh ways to have your voice heard, blogging is a great way to generate backlinks for your business.
– Stay active on social media: Sites like Facebook and Instagram allow you to connect with your target audience, influencers and build potential collaboration opportunities to grow together.
– Create quirky audio/visual content: Podcasts, videos and webinars are types of content which are easy to consume in such a demanding time. It is also inexpensive, quick to produce, and allows you to stay ahead in your industry.
– Build a brand, not a business: Use innovative and unconventional ways to get your message out into the world
– A personal touch: Showcase the human side of your brand to have an emotional connect with your audience
– Collaboration: Get together with organisations to curate social and community initiatives to grow your reach by leaps and bounds outside of the digital world
The importance of making a noise as a business owner
I suggest that you start with one tactic at a time to create an advantage for your venture in the long run. It takes practice and time to eventually grow your network and stand out. But know that it is possible.
You have crossed several hurdles and come all this way with your business – do not view this as a failure simply because you can’t be heard above the noise.
Make the noise.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
- Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 610 million LinkedIn users currently active –Click Here
- Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn —Click Here
- Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can“Show out” instead of just showing up
Click Here for more details
- Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat