The new year is in full swing already, so here is a weekly tip for you to schedule and implement to help with your social media this year!
1. Invest in a premium LinkedIn subscription. It’s worth it when trying to reach a specific audience with your message or advert.
2. Make sure that your LinkedIn profile is completely filled out. Complete profiles on LinkedIn have been shown to receive more than two times the visitors of an incomplete page profile.
3. Create and maintain a consistent content posting schedule. LinkedIn metrics show that business that post at least once a month report gains of follows 600% faster than those that don’t. Aim to post at least once per week.
4. Promote your company page on other social media networks beyond LinkedIn. Cross-promotion ensures a boost in engagement growth rate across all channels. Social media “follow” buttons are extremely effective and easy to use.
5. LinkedIn groups are a great way to network with professionals of a similar inclination. Check the groups page for highly curated highlights of groups that should interest you. Also create your own groups to build a collection of professionals to build relationships with.
6. Ensure that your inbound marketing content not only promotes your products and services but also informs and educates the customers. Add value to customers lives before you can gain value from them.
7. Promote organic search engine optimisation but keeping your website mobile friend with accelerated loading speeds. Also ensure that you insert the necessary meta-tags and descriptions in your website pages and blog contents
8. Focus on real engagement and fans. Don’t be one of those companies that buys fake followers on Social Media. The number of followers isn’t as important as the amount of engagement you receive. Having 10k followers with less than 100 likes means your lead conversion will be minimal.
9. Unique content drives marketing campaigns. Create unique content in fun formats like infographics, newsletters, blog posts and videos. Also ensure you stick to your niche for the best impact.
10. Landing pages are important for any business. Ensure you hire capable content writers and graphic designers to make you a perfect and effective landing page that can help you generate leads.
11. Email marketing has one of the best ROIs of all online marketing strategies. Build your email list from your social media followings and nurture a healthy inbound relationship that you can leverage for sales pitches.
12. Create videos in your niche to display your expertise and gain the confidence of your audience. You can leverage on video streaming websites like YouTube and Instagram Live to market your business using video.
13. Focus on your best performing channel and improve on your success. Instead of dividing all your energy on all social media channels that may not be working for you, improve your success by using the channels that work for you at the right time. Find your most engaging channel and craft a strategy for that audience
14. Have a killer Instagram bio. An effective bio on social media introduces your brand, appeals to your target audience and uses your brand message and tone to connect you to your audience.
15. The most important real estate on Instagram is your bio where you can share a clickable link. Use this link to drive traffic to your homepage, a campaign-specific landing page or most recent piece of content.
16. Make use of the many tools that an Instagram Business profile offers such as additional business information, valuable analytics, a phone number, email address and physical address.
17. Use the same recognisable profile image on all your social media channels. This helps people to instantly recognise your profile anywhere. This could be a logo, your logo mark without the words or your company mascot.
18. Pay attention to your colour palette on Instagram for your photos. Try to have a uniform distinct visual style using brand colours to align your Instagram page with your brand’s aesthetics and colours.
19. Think about the best way to get your followers to engage with your product without being overly promotional. Instagram is about sharing pictures of everyday life, introduce your product but also engage your audience and community.
20. Instagram captions are a maximum of 2200 characters, and after three lines, the rest is truncated with an ellipsis. Make those opening three lines of your caption engaging enough to encourage your audience to read the rest. You can choose to share a story and microblog, ask questions that encourage comments or make short interesting headlines.
21. Make social sharing easy on your websites. Have easy plugins and social media share buttons on your website content to encourage readers to easily share your content to their social media profiles without leaving your page.
22. Comment on content on other pages. This is a great way to engage in conversations that will get your brand into awareness. An effective strategy is offering helpful advice and engaging in thought leadership discussions.
23. Get testimonials from happy clients who are willing to create posts and tag you on it. You can also create a post of their happy experience and tag them on it. This helps you to improve your trustworthiness online.
24. Guest posting on other people’s blogs is a great way to get a new audience. Choose relevant associations or influencers in your niche and collaborate on great content to gain exposure to another community and grow yours in the process
25. A good comment moderation for blogs is to make them easy to comment upon with a restriction on defamatory, spammy and bad language comments. Either use auto-moderation or have a person or team with the job of monitoring the comment section.
26. Remember to have a call-to-action on all your social medial marketing posts. This helps to direct users to the required task and also lets them to know exactly what to do and where to find it.
27. One-work keywords rarely work on when you are trying to use AdWords. Have a more specific set of keywords that will ensure that you are reaching a niche audience that are easy to convert from leads to customers.
28. Adding negative keywords for your AdWords campaign is nowadays a must and as important as using regular keywords. They help you save time and improve your marketing campaign.
29. Mobile advertisement is now a critical part of any business’ marketing campaign. Over 70% of all mobile searches were reported to have clicked to call directly in order to connect to a business. Mobile searches are fast outstripping desktop searches.
30. If you have an e-commerce store, you must deploy shopping campaigns often. A shopping campaign will display your product alongside a description and price on Google Search Results. This brings exposure and makes it easy for your audience to find what they’re looking for.
31. A mobile-friendly and responsive website is an absolute must. This is because of the fast rise in mobile visitors and the need to give them great user experience. The other reason is a mobile-friendly website greatly enhances your SEO efforts and search engine rankings.
32. Ad copy and images are important to your AdWords campaign because they help to attract the most suitable leads for you. Split your campaign between two copies to see which gets better traction and then expand on it.
33. Accurate testing and tracking of AdWords campaign analytics is the best way to ensure success and also know the best keywords, ads and bid strategy for your campaign. Google Tag Manager is a great way to track embedded tags in ads.
34. Setup device-specific campaigns because desktop and mobile traffic produce different sets of results. Structure your campaign to handle both traffic differently so that you can track the spend and ROI for each type of traffic.
35. Announce new hires on Instagram and Facebook. Also, profile your employees to showcase their skill and competence. This helps to boost your organisation as a cool, fun place to work.
36. Examine your social media feedback to gain insights into your customers’ needs and motivations. Pay attention to what they share and comment on, how they tag pictures and other activities.
37. Show off your office space or work space to let your community get a feel of what things are like behind the scenes. This helps to create your company’s personality and give followers more information about your brand.
38. Responding to comments and enquiries quickly will help you to earn the “Very responsive to messages” badge. The badge tells visitors to your page that you respond to over 90% of all messages received and within 15 minutes of receiving them in the past week.
39. Create custom page tabs to leverage on specific campaigns, marketing offers or case studies. A custom page tab lets you create a section for visitors to interact with any subject you wish. You can also use a custom tab for hiring new talent.
40. Facebook Insights is a powerful tool that provides you page admins with important analytics data relating to visitor activities on your page. Metrics such as content engagement figures will help you to improve your content strategy.
41. Manage your Facebook adverts with the Ads Manager tool for creating paid ads. The Ads manager contain features that are perfect for most businesses. If you are looking to manage many campaigns at the same time, try to Power Editor tool.
42. Use Facebook social scheduling to help you push out scheduled posts during identified periods of peak engagement. This gives your post more visibility and engagement.
43. Experiment with Instagram ads to see the most effective ad format that is most successful for your audience. This includes video and photo ads and carousel adds that allow you to include several images, videos and a call-to-action link.
44. Connect your Twitter account to LinkedIn to enable cross-platform posting that will save you time and improve your community interactions. It also helps you to improve top of mind awareness of your posts and also leverage on Twitter hashtags for better visibility of your LinkedIn post.
45. Hashtags are power tools that you can use to leverage on photo contests on Instagram and Facebook. Hosting photo contests on Instagram with the use of hashtags makes it easy to track submissions and see new content as they are submitted.
46. Join in on trends on social media to market your brands. Whenever there is a trending hashtag, you can also create content to join the global community telling a story. Identify trending hashtags that your marketing campaign can key into and tag along for brand exposure.
47. Rewarding your followers on social media helps to deepen engagement. By constantly giving followers special treats and offers, they will increase the way they visit your feed for content.
48. Keep salesy posts to a minimum on social media. This is because your followers want to have real connections and interactions with you and post your products and offers leads to mistrust and a lack of engagement.
49. LinkedIn is not an online resume. Craft your profile information in such a way that it is client-facing and provides clear, concise information about who you are, what your company does and how you can help the reader.
50 LinkedIn is an excellent source of B2B leads compared to other social media channels. Use LinkedIn’s premium tools to narrow down the audience you want to target and create content that appeals to them.
51. Get your employees involved in using LinkedIn and being part of your social media efforts. Instead on just selling on your company page, let your salespeople take over sales efforts from the comment section and other indications of interest.
52. Be flexible in your social media strategy and be willing to adapt at short notice. Have backup content that you can deploy if there are changes to your posting schedule due to trending events in your industry.
If you need some social media help here are 4 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
- Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 550 million LinkedIn users currently active – Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can “Show out” instead of just showing up
Every 8 weeks we have a new intake into our 12 – week Influencer program… Click Here for more details
- Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat