Social Media Alert: Attention business owners who use LinkedIn for your business, you need to know this.
There have been recent changes to the way LinkedIn operates and you could be affected.
One of the things about social media is that it’s forever changing! Every week it seems like there’s a new algorithm of a change to the ways we are “allowed” to do things.
And if you’re affected by any of the changes it could be catastrophic for your business and online profile and presence.
One of my missions to always keep you abreast of the social situations and any changes that are coming or have been implemented.
And so this is a very important blog regarding LinkedIn and some of the changes I must share with you so please read on.
A little bit of background…
Since the launch of LinkedIn all the way back in December 2003, I’ve spent a countless number of hours researching, learning and studying the platform, and the intricacies of their algorithm.
Of course, there have been slight changes as they grew and users were somewhat affected, but never like this.
This year, 2018, is the first year I’ve ever encountered changes as important as what I’m about to explain to you, where LinkedIn has decided to, not only continue updating their algorithm, but change the entire process in which users can engage other users on the platform.
It’s big and it’s just the beginning.
Here’s the thing, if you’re like us, you rely on LinkedIn as a key source for lead generation and building your online presence and profile, right?
The frustrating part about LinkedIn is that they are not helpful with disclosing information about their changes and updates that can help us adapt and evolve.
We’re now coming into the final quarter of 2018, and these changes are proving to be quite a big issue for users who don’t know how to optimise the platform.
How is that so, I hear you ask?
It’s because LinkedIn controls what content we see and what we don’t see.
Unless we comply with their content preferences, our content is now only shown to a minority of users.
This means we’re now seeing a decrease in the number of viewers seeing our content, we’re losing professional influence, brand presence and, of course, leads.
What are some of the other changes?
When was the last time you updated your LinkedIn profile? Has it been a while? Or are you on to it regularly?
Are you taking advantage of all of the LinkedIn features available to you?
It seems they have taken all the good parts of the other socials to add to their own to create a mega social platform!
- Some the most noticeable changes are in the look of your profile, images have changed sizes and position, and there’s more text displayed at the start of your profile.
- There’s a cool new tool for in-person networking too. You can find people you are connected to who are close by.
- LinkedIn isn’t a resume, it’s a tool for your to showcase your skills and it’s a resource of your content. Now your audience can see more of your resources and content from the get go, as soon as they jump on your profile, so make sure this is uptodate.
- You can do a lot more promotion of your content, especially video. And video has become huge on LinkedIn now. Live videos are also getting a work out.
- While they are still focusing on professional and business owners, it’s become very “social”. You can even add gifs to your messages now.
- Your messages will look different too. It allows you to be chattier and more conversational … more real.
- You’ll notice more analytics for your content, especially around video.
- Your summary is a little longer too.
- And your content info isn’t hidden any more which makes it easier for people to find your details and get in touch.
- You can also highlight text froma LinkedIn article and share it directly as a post, which is really handy.
- Add video captions to your LinkedIn videos.
The changes to the social media platform won’t end there with plenty of new elements on the horizon as we head into 2019.
And there’s still more to come. The algorithm changes mean your content just won’t work the way it used to.
The old maxims still apply, just with a different way of doing things.
- Be sure to share content that appeals with people in your industry and your target market.
- Optimise the timing of your posts.
- Look at your insights regularly and tweak and change as you go.
- Engage with your connections, comment and talk on messenger.
- Be yourself and stay relevant with your topics and content.
It’s not enough just to post any more, there are other things you need to do and know about.
Let me say this as kindly as I possibly can…
LinkedIn is a mine-field.
If you want to continue using the mega social platform then you MUST learn how to use it properly – with all the changes they are implementing.
There’s a downside though.
LinkedIn is changing so constantly that what is current right now will just keep evolving and this is the very reason I host bi-monthly LinkedIn trainings. Myself and my team are constantly researching and studying new updated LinkedIn methodologies.
We have done this for you to help you remove all the guesswork.
HOT TIP: My next live training is coming up early October.
You heard about Facebook’s changes, right?
I’m sure you’ve heard of Facebook’s major algorithm update this year…Well, just like Facebook, LinkedIn has been changing their algorithm too.
Although, the main difference between Facebook and LinkedIn’s algorithm updates is that LinkedIn have kept their change on the downlow and Facebook was pretty open about it.
This is not exactly good news for us… if you don’t stay ahead of the game, that is.
As a business owner, you now need to make massive changes to your strategy.
In this live training, I’ll be covering specific information about:
- The ‘9 step process’ to becoming highly Influential in less than 90 days
- How to 10X your results on LinkedIn and maximise your content engagement
- Adam’s 8-Week LinkedIn platform updates, and
- How to get your content out of LinkedIn jail (if you have been using non-compliant content);
If you’re interested it’s happening online (Zoom Meeting), on Tuesday, 2 October 2018, from 7pm AEST.
This is important, especially if you plan to continue using the platform for lead generation and brand awareness.
Please know there are only 100 spots available, so register to be there live (the trainings aren’t usually recorded.
If you’d like to jump ahead, we can help you in other ways too.
P.S. Here are 4 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
- Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 550 million LinkedIn users currently active – Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can “Show out” instead of just showing up
Every 8 weeks we have a new intake into our 12 – week Influencer program… Click Here for more details
- Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat