Have you been curious about LinkedIn Live?
The fastest growing platform, LinkedIn, recently launched its Live feature.
Among all the exciting and useful additions that the platform has revealed to its users in the last few months and years, this is a special one that we have all been looking forward to. What you must know is that it was rolled out first to a small group of influencers and by invite only.
Luckily for you and me, LinkedIn Live is all set to launch for the rest of the world soon enough – including Australia.
DID YOU KNOW: According to a recent study, video ads on LinkedIn earn 30 per cent more engagement.
While Facebook, Instagram or Youtube Live is useful and handy in its own space, businesses on these social media platforms have a lesser chance to engage and reach out to fellow professionals, potential clients and the industry leaders. LinkedIn, on the other hand, has already streamlined this aspect for its users – almost all active LinkedIn users seek to engage with business-related content in a mutually benefitting, professional capacity.
Having an online presence can make a difference to your business
Many business owners who are in the initial phase of setting up a new business often question the importance of having an online presence. Even though we read and hear all about its essence, some small business owners overlook this aspect for the first few years in business.
A virtual presence for any business starts with a website, sure. But it goes above and beyond this. It is about setting up a digital footprint for your company with the help of social media, blogs, and a welcoming website. If you wish to attract more sales, potential collaborations, and spread the word among your target audience, it is important for you to make all relevant information accessible for viewers across the world.
Simply setting up a profile on all platforms and being “visible” will not suffice, you must also be “social” – stay active, updated, have a unique voice, stand out and build meaningful and genuine connections.
- Reach the widest possible audience every minute of every day
- Retain customer loyalty by improving customer service
- Instantly let your existing and new customers know about your new offerings
DID YOU KNOW:50 per cent of online sales are lost when potential clients cannot find content about your business, services or products.
But what does it mean for you, me and any business out there today if all of us are hoping to achieve the same goal? With pay-per-click advertising, search engine optimisation and the common effort to be unique, it is easy for us to
Do you feel like you are not being heard above the noise any more? Well, what should you do differently?
Here’s what I can tell you for starters – you need more than one strategy.
The first and simple rule to be different is to change the way you market content. If you are not getting enough engagement, take a step back and make a list of what you could be doing wrong. Unoriginal content? Too salesy? Fake news?
While social media posts and blogs are the building blocks of your online presence, there is more to your marketing strategy – paid advertising, influencer marketing, email marketing, building lead magnets and video content are a few you could start with. Sharing the same, two posts a day on your social media profiles for five years will get you nowhere.
I encourage you to do your research, draft multiple strategies, make a decision to invest your time and money in what your business needs now to thrive and watch the returns and benefits unfold!
Everything you need to know about LinkedIn Live
Live videos have been the latest fad across several social media channels. For B2B brands who have been bold enough to make the most of video content on LinkedIn have witnessed better results on all fronts. As we wait for LinkedIn Live to be more accessible, let’s get ready and prepared for it.
Fair warning: LinkedIn’s Live feature is decidedly different from Youtube and Facebook Live.
After you send in your LinkedIn Live application, you will receive a confirmation email if your application has been approved.
Now, LinkedIn has partnered with third-party video broadcasting tools like Vimeo, Wirecast, Easy Live, Restream and so on. You may sign up for one of these based on your budget and whether you are a beginner or experienced at live broadcasting.
As soon as you pick a suitable tool with favourable pricing, you may integrate this tool with LinkedIn.
For those who have never gone live before – ensure that you have a speedy internet connection for your Live video to stream hassle-free!
Here are a few more tips to help you through your first few LinkedIn Live streams:
- Promote your Live stream event: Whether it is your first live stream or your tenth, where you and your team put in the effort to have an awesome live stream event – the worst thing that can happen is not having any or enough viewers. Spread the word to your email list, invite your connections to join you, advertise your live stream on social media, and go all out to let the world know why they should check out your next live stream.
- Optimise your live stream in accordance with LinkedIn’s standards: if you are an active LinkedIn user, you will probably know what it means to adhere to the platform’s professional standards. For any video content, especially a live stream, there are a few technical aspects to consider. Keep your surroundings or background clean and professional, use a tripod to keep your camera stable, resort to the best quality camera you can get your hands on, do a sound and video check before you finally go live and double check the lighting!
- Choose the right topic: When you go live, pick a topic that you know very well, share your opinions or perspectives to offer a unique spin and ensure that it is relevant to your industry, target audience and viewers. A small yet significant part of live streaming is to chat with your audience, encourage them to ask questions which you can then answer on your live session and get better engagement from your audience going forward.
If you are curious and excited about LinkedIn Live, check it out. It might end up being a game-changer for you.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 700 million LinkedIn users
currently active – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart
ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and
outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program on our Free Trial
Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat