Content. It’s not going anywhere and a questions I am always asked is: How do you get such great engagement from your LinkedIn content?
So I want to talk about three main areas of creating really amazing content for your LinkedIn audience.
One the best tips I can give you is always creating content for your audience and checking in with them as to what they want you to share with them.
Get that sorted and LinkedIn success will be a lot easier for you.
Another idea I want you think about for your social media profiles and online presence is to never stop learning.
Social media algorithms and platforms are constantly changing and that means we need to keep up with those changes.
One of the things you can do to help with the fast pace is to keep evolving and learning. I invite you to stay in touch with me on my LinkedIn profile because this is an area I am watching closely too. I pass my learnings on to you in my posts and blogs.
Learning about your audience and from others is one key to having success in business and online.
So here are some of my big learnings so you can create great content for LinkedIn and see your desired results come to fruition.
- Keep learning from your audience and other influencers
Who do you follow online? Have you taken a closer look at what they are actually doing and what’s working with their social media? Take a closer look – there’s inspiration for new ideas everywhere.
Similarly, start following and watching businesses and brands who are doing well in an area you want success in, such as LinkedIn, and start developing some new techniques.
You audience is also your teacher! Ask them what they want and need from you, what types of content they enjoy consuming and topics they would like to see discussed – then start delivering on those promises.
I would also encourage you to invest in some courses or a coach to fast track your success. Write a list of the areas you would like to improve in your business, for example social media, and then start researching the courses or coaches that would be the right fit to help you achieve them.
Social media is not a race, but it certainly helps speed up success when you invest in a program with proven results.
- Make sure your content is consumable
There are some easy ways to make sure your content gets noticed by the right people, so that the time, effort and even money you invest in your LinkedIn profile starts to show you results.
- Have a plan and post strategically: By posting strategically and in a planned manner, you can share more structured and strategic information with your audience.
Create and maintain a consistent posting schedule and aim to post at least once a week (minimum).
- Make your content easy to understand: Don’t try to blow readers away with academic language and dense topics, even if you’re in a technical field. Make sure your content is easy to understand for the average person. Create conversational content and talk about the areas that interest your audience.
HOT TIP: Think about what you enjoy consuming online and what it is about that content that makes you want to read on, read more or follow. Is it short and sharp, doesn’t it have stories, does it share facts and statistics?
- Is your topic relatable?: Sometimes it’s easy to share high-level topics because we get carried away with the complexities of our industry and what we know. And I know you know a lot! But instead of people relating to it, they get scared or it just goes over their head. Be sure that you are sharing information for the level your audience is on right now.
- Is it helpful?: You can share relatable information but it also needs to be helpful with actions steps, tips and ideas. Great content is useful and it gets more engagement.
- Have you asked them to take action: This is not a call to action, but you also need these in your content. Challenging your audience with an actionable step will help them solve their problem. It’s frustrating when you are searching for an answer online, only to be teased! Don’t just tell, show your readers how to solve their issue!
- Make it professional: Double check your work for spelling and grammar mistakes. Readers can be harsh critics and sometimes even the smallest errors will dent your credibility. Use spell checker and similar tools to proofread and edit your content.
- Is it well formatted?: Using short paragraphs, concise sentences and common vocabulary makes a world of difference for your online content. Again, the point isn’t to blow people away with your intelligence or experience. Great content is about making a connection with your readers and this will help keep their eyes firmly glued to your content!
- Types of content you can try
Your content strategy should involve different types of content, for example, videos, to help generate more leads into your business.
Here are some different styles of content that are known to help build a relationship, engage people and generate more leads.
- Do a live video: Live video is an excellent way to connect with audiences and get more reach because it is given priority by the social platforms. If you haven’t tried one, come on into one of my groups where you can safely share.
- Thought-leadership blogs – LinkedIn Pulse gives you the chance to write expert content about your business, experiences and other important things that professionals will benefit from. This includes well-researched insights into business strategies, trend analysis and predictions, tutorials and social commentary.
- Fun formats: Unique content helps to drive marketing campaigns and remember that being social is fun, so use content in fun formats such as infographics, word pictures, polls, personal stories and videos.
- Share testimonials: Get testimonials from happy clients who are willing to create posts and tag you in it. You can also create a post of their happy experience and tag them in it. This helps to improve your trustworthiness online and gives social proof of the results.
- Team time: Announce new team members and also share information about current team members. Profile your employees to showcase their skills and competence. This helps to cement your business as a leader.
- Other people’s content: Do you curate content? Have you read or seen something amazing by someone you follow and you know your audience will love it too? Then share the link. This is known as curating content and is a great way to enhance your audience’s experience with you and also back up your key messages and expertise.
- Experiential content: Your experiences make you unique – like no one else on the planet, so start to share these experiences out to your LinkedIn platform to position yourself more as an industry expert. Stay on top of industry trends and share useful research with your followers whenever possible.
- Create content for groups: Professional groups on LinkedIn are able to help you to get the most out of your profile by giving you a concentrated set of contacts that are aligned to your purpose and direction. You can ask more targeted questions in groups.
Your next steps for social media help
If lead generation is what you need help with and advertising is not the way you want to go, here are 4 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
- Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 610 million LinkedIn users currently active –Click Here
- Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn —Click Here
- Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can“Show out” instead of just showing up
Click Here for more details
- Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat