LinkedIn is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to expand their professional network. With more than 800+ million users, it provides a platform for connecting with potential clients, partners and industry thought leaders. LinkedIn is the only social media platform that specialises solely in business-related content, from showcasing your experience and skillset to finding job opportunities. This can be incredibly valuable not just to new entrepreneurs or business owners but also to bloggers who are trying to create more visibility around their work.
As a result, it’s no surprise that businesses have flocked to this platform in droves as they recognise the potential of leveraging it to drive higher engagement on their content.
Boosting visibility for your content and blogs is key. As with any social network, simply marketing yourself or products isn’t enough – you have to actively engage followers and be a part of the online community in order to see successful results from it. To help get more traffic flowing into your circle, here are some pro tips specifically tailored towards leveraging the platform as an effective tool to increase traffic to your content!
1 – Complete Your Profile:
An effective LinkedIn profile will ensure your brand stands out from the competition. To be successful, start by creating a branded company page and add a banner image that is personalised yet recognisable as part of your business identity – include logo for greater trust with potential customers or clients. In addition provide brief information about your companies history in an interesting about section – users want to know you! Of course it doesn’t end there: when completing individual profiles incorporate professional summaries alongside high-quality images which reflect who YOU are within the organisation.
Useful tips for completing your profile:
- Make a trust-building business profile that briefly describes who you are.
- Create a completed personal profile with a friendly and personal headshot.
- Include a link to your blog and website in your both personal and company profile.
2 – Build More Connections:
Leveraging LinkedIn for your business requires more than just having connections; it’s a relationship-building game. Taking the time to not only build bridges within existing circles, but also target relevant professionals in other fields can help you obtain professional relationships that will further expand and diversify those already established. Spend some of your limited daily minutes reaching out with introductions and offering insightful information or opinion on posts – put effort into nurturing new interactions by providing value in order to benefit from them!
3 – Create Engaging And Interesting Content
- Post consistently high quality original content. There is no excuse for lazy, superficial posts if you want to keep your audience reading and coming back for more.
- Mix up the formats to include text, video, polls, document posts and the occasional post with an image. Keep it relevant for your audience and on brand.
- Keep tabs on who’s viewed your profile. View their profiles in return. Consider following them. Reach out with a direct message (Inmail) to see if it’s in both your interests to connect. Ask how you could help them in their business.
- Make good use of the Featured section. It’s the perfect place to put a high-performing blog post, a presentation you’ve delivered or some other off-platform content that your audience would find useful. Just remember to change the Featured items occasionally so that they don’t get ‘stale’.
- You know how disappointing it is when you put up a post and no-one comments? Don’t be like that. Comment on posts by your connections or better still, comment and share their posts. The algorithm loves that, picks up that content and shows it to more people.
If you can do these 5 things consistently you should start to see your LinkedIn numbers trending upward. Profile views, new connections, views and reactions to your posts should all increase over time.
4 – Engage With Your Network
Connecting with people on LinkedIn is similar to how you would interact in person. Taking the time to interact with other LinkedIn users can go a long way in cultivating relationships.
To build relationships, take advantage of post options such as articles, questions and polls;and be sure to ask questions or provide a personal view as an incentive for others to comment, like and share your content. When someone does reply to your posts – make it known that you appreciate them by engaging back! Polls are another great tool offered by Linkedin – using this feature can get conversations going about the topics of interest; some ideas include creating trivia related polls pertaining articles written in blog form . For even more social connection opportunities – join groups! The greater engagement seen within those circles will increase chances that your profile stands out from other connections.
5 – Share Blog Posts & Content With Connections
LinkedIn is a great tool for connecting with like-minded professionals and getting your article seen. Rather than sending indiscriminate emails to everyone in your network, consider personalising messages to those you know would be interested. This way the recipient will feel special since it’s tailored specifically for them – making more likely that they’ll click through on the link! However, don’t forget building relationships should always come first when networking online; simply spamming won’t get good results longterm!
Unlock the potential of LinkedIn to drive thousands upon thousands of visitors to your content. Beyond just a networking platform, there are actionable strategies you can employ in order for this powerful engine – with over 800+ million monthly active users – to work for you and supercharge your traffic numbers!
Now go put them into practice; Good luck and best wishes on achieving success!
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Follow Adam Houlahan’s LinkedIn Profile Now! Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s Best-selling book “Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Learn more about the four most effective conversion strategies for LinkedIn success
When we analysed the most successful conversion campaigns amongst these, we found there are four very specific strategies that deliver the most consistent results year after year. We call them ‘The Magic Four’. Take the Questionnaire now to assess your suitability Click Here
Follow Adam Houlahans LinkedIn Profile Now!
Adam Houlahan LinkedIn Profile