ABC has always stood for Always Be Closing. But now, more than ever, we need to be connecting… Always Be Connecting.
If there was ever a time to get active on LinkedIn, it is now. But if you’re new to the idea of promoting on LinkedIn and wondering exactly how to ride this wave of increased members and drive better engagement, here are a few tips so that reaching the right professionals, businesses, and customers doesn’t need to be baffling.
DID YOU KNOW: LinkedIn recently announced the platform is now growing faster than ever before. Currently, there are over 7oo million users worldwide, with countries like the United States showing growth rates of 4.2% over the coming year.
If you’re wondering what this means for LinkedIn users like you and me – it means a much bigger audience than ever before.
Whether you are an active user, have just signed up last week, or haven’t logged in for months, here’s why LinkedIn is rewarding – and what you can do to keep the rewards flowing in.
This is what you can get access to on LinkedIn, and more:
– Build a virtual network of professional contacts.
– Connect and reach out to top-level professionals.
– The go-to choice for every recruiter and job seeker.
– Connect with like-minded people in groups and go beyond your circle.
– Promote yourself and build a personal brand.
– Boost your career and business with credible recommendations and endorsements.
– Generate leads.
– Be a thought leader.
– Inspire and be inspired as you wade through the online world!
If you are a recruiter, business owner, or a professional consultant in any industry, you can make LinkedIn work wonders for you – if you have the know-how.
Content is everything
To spark your engagement on LinkedIn, you need to spice up your content as well as remain consistent. It is as simple as that. Research shows that marketers who share content regularly are 45% more likely to boost sales (Source: LinkedIn).
LinkedIn influencers are always updating their content strategies as the platform constantly develops, with new updates and features coming up. Take inspiration from what your fellow content creators are doing, confidently put your unique spin to it, and strive to do it better.
Are you stressing about content and losing sleep over “what do I post”? Get started with these different types of content that you must include in your content marketing strategy:
– Short videos using LinkedIn native videos
– Short-form status posts
– Photo updates
– Stats, infographics, and case studies
– Repurpose blogs into social posts
– Thought leadership posts, industry highlights, and predictions
– How-to, tips, and list-style posts on LinkedIn Pulse
– Company updates
While words are powerful and of unmatched essence, we have come a long way from text-only content, although it is still important. You have an endless sea of stand-out ways to communicate your message. Heed these tips and use them!
LinkedIn Tip: (Source: LinkedIn)
– Articles with titles between 40-49 characters can skyrocket views.
– How-to and list posts perform the best.
– Blog posts split into 5, 7, or 9 subheadings are the way to go.
Content saturation is a challenge for many of us. But this also means more and more users are craving quality and valuable content. If you offer more value and actionable steps to create an impact with your content, you will witness its magic.
Build and maintain your network
LinkedIn is beyond job hunting. Networking doesn’t end after you get that dream job or client, or just because you post content every week.
Now is the time to be virtually connected with people you already know and the people you have always wanted to connect with. LinkedIn offers a space for you to do that and more.
Networking can help you ideate, generate leads, increase sales, and open up a host of opportunities you might be unaware of.
LinkedIn has made networking easier than it has been in the past, but, like anything else today, you need to have a strategy for this too and commit the time required to succeed.
Let’s strategically grow your connections starting today:
1. What is a targeted connection strategy?A content strategy helps you reach out to your “target audience” – the people who matter to you and who can benefit from your offerings.A targeted connection strategy is a way for you to connect with the right industry leaders, relevant professionals, and business owners to increase your exposure.
2. Why you need a targeted connection strategy LinkedIn can effortlessly lead you right to the most important people in your industry. The question is, are these people on your connections list?The same way that targeting the right audience can make a huge difference to your business growth and sales; the right LinkedIn connections have the power to alter the course of your personal and professional journey.
Besides your existing network of colleagues, employees, current customers, and vendors, with a strong and relevant network you can also access new business partnerships, prospective clients, opportunities, and events.
3. What you need to do to have a connection strategy When you change the way you send and accept invites, you can have a more relevant connection list that benefits you in several ways. For starters, don’t accept every connection request you receive!
Next time you have the urge to simply hit “connect” or “accept”, answer these questions:
- Do you already know them? Or want to know them?
- Do they know you?
- What can you offer them and what can they offer you?
We encourage you to think further about this
– What are you seeking from this professional relationship?
– Why should they accept your request and how can you benefit them?
– Do you have any mutual connections?
– What is their industry, job and profile? Is it in any way relevant?
– How active are they?
– What does their feed, content, and activity look like?
– What value-add can you get from this new connection?
– Are they in a location in which you do business or you are familiar with?
The more selective you are, the more valuable list of connections you will build.
Daily rituals on LinkedIn that can boost results
What channels or platforms do you focus on daily? You may be spending hours scrolling on Facebook or swiping away stories on Instagram – but what about LinkedIn?
The best way to maximise LinkedIn’s rewards is to set some time aside to engage on the platform on a daily basis.
Sending and accepting invites is not the only way to build your network and accelerate progress on LinkedIn. Here are 10 ways to grow your LinkedIn profile more strategically:
1. Post regularly and reply to every comment.
2. Engage with your existing connections by commenting on their posts.
3. Find and join relevant groups to start a conversation.
4. Partake in virtual events, webinars, and other sessions (if you have trouble finding it, create your own!).
5. Update your profile every month.
6. Celebrate your wins as well as your connections’ wins.
7. Check who has viewed your profile and see if there are relevant professionals you can add to your network.
8. Endorse an existing connection by writing a recommendation.
9. Check your feed for valuable content.
10. Consume industry insights, articles, and blogs to stay updated.
DID YOU KNOW:
– An average user spends around 17 minutes monthly on LinkedIn.
– 2 million articles, posts and videos are published on LinkedIn every day.
– 97% of B2B marketers utilise LinkedIn for content marketing. (Source: LinkedIn)
The successful users are active every day of the workweek, yet they have discipline around their time spent here each day.
Final thoughts: Be consistent, social, and worth your readers’ time
Whatever you do, now is a good time to act and claim your slice of the LinkedIn pie. With these tips, tricks, and methods, you can expect better results, engagement, and connections that will benefit you in unimaginable ways.
What’s your biggest challenge with getting results from your time spent on LinkedIn?
Other ways we can help you
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 700 million LinkedIn users
currently active – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart
ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and
outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program on our Free Trial Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat