The very mention of social media these days grabs our attention for a multitude of reasons.
Some may agree that textual content has worked magic in their businesses and that it will suffice, others stress the importance of adapting with the changes in the space and incorporating video content to “have an edge”.
Which one sounds more like you?
Do you consider yourself a LinkedIn movie star? Does it worry you when your audience does not engage with your video posts?
Whether you like it or not, there is a clear demand for video content on LinkedIn ever since the addition of native videos feature on the platform.
Yes, it is worth your time and effort to start producing and sharing awesome video content and pique the interest of your viewers.
FACT:LinkedIn video offers many benefits to the creators. Studies show that 51 per cent of video marketers have used LinkedIn video as a channel and 84 per cent of them found it to be an effective strategy. Some 96 per cent of those surveyed shared that they have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
LinkedIn video content: Do it right!
If this is your first time or if it has just been a few months into exploring video content in your content marketing strategy, you are probably overwhelmed with the types of content.
I know that it is not easy, but it is important for you to experiment for the first few months and understand what your audience would like to see. A few quick and easy videos that you can get started on are:
– How you started your business venture
-Introduce the people behind the scenes
– A video about a new product or service you are set to launch
-Capture a moment: go beyond a photograph next time
-Share an advice, suggestion, thought or wisdom
Before you hit share on your first or next awesome video, think “post engagement”. What many brands forget to do is aim to engage their audience.
Harsh truth – content creation takes time and practice.
Replay your video, share it with your inner circle of supportive friends and family and accept their suggestions. Is your content boring? Are you trying too hard? Is it too different that it is just not relatable? Find the answers to these questions.
Follow these steps to ace LinkedIn video content!
If you have done everything in your power to work on your LinkedIn videos and you still feel like there is not enough engagement from your audience, here are a few more tips that could help you –
– Length: How long are your videos? LinkedIn users browse fast and efficiently these days. You have probably heard this time and again – ideally keep it short, informative and aim to make people think hard. A majority of viewers prefer videos under 2 minutes.
– Audience: Does your audience like what you share? People are exposed to enough memes and funny videos and your brand surely does not represent this. Give your audience what they want or would love to see.
– Supporting content: Does your copy and title conform with your video content? Don’t miss out on an opportunity to share a caption along with the video. It could be a message to the world or a thought provoking text that supports your video content.
– Tagging: Are you tagging large numbers of people to grow your reach? If you have a good number of LinkedIn connections who you think will enjoy your video content, find it useful and contribute to it by commenting or re-sharing – tag away!
– Optimise: Are you using relevant hashtags and optimising SEO? Similar to Twitter and Instagram, using hashtags on LinkedIn is essential. It wasn’t the case for quite some time, but now more than ever, LinkedIn uses hashtags to categorise, organise and even filter content to ensure how useful, relevant and significant any posted content is.
Your LinkedIn video questions answered!
If you are reading this and you are still struggling to get a hang of LinkedIn Native videos, here are some answers to common questions or problems you may have encountered in the past:
- Why does my textual post usually perform better than my video content:
Optimise and experiment. Use hashtags, optimise SEO and try different types of video content like video, text-only and text with images. The engagement, views and likes will generally differ with each brand. Just keep at it!
- I am not entirely sure whether video content is my style or if I would be any good at it:
Everyone is bound to be shy, confused or disinterested in the beginning. If you want to stay updated and reap all the benefits that social media has to offer, take the leap now! Yes, the first few videos may not be great or there is zero engagement as opposed to your expectations – but you have to start somewhere to work your way up and become a LinkedIn star.
- Are subtitles an integral part of video content on LinkedIn:
Studies show that a whopping 91 per cent of respondents prefer watching videos with subtitles. Subtitles or closed captions are a great way to engage a set of your audience who may or may not speak your language or understand it well.
While LinkedIn’s native video feature is still fresh off the boat, it has gone above and beyond to prove its benefits. It is time for each of us to acknowledge the fact that video content will soon be the future of content marketing.
Dive right into it, attract all the clients, experiment with your strategy and work towards improving your brand awareness.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the more than 650 million LinkedIn users currently active –Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn —Click Here
3. Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can “Show out” instead of just showing up Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat