“The road you travel has twists and turns. The life of an entrepreneur has ups and downs. Hang on and enjoy the ride” – Libby Tucker
I asked this question – Would you use LinkedIn as a digital nomad? – over on my LinkedIn platform recently and it go a great response and a lot of questions, so I decided to elaborate on it over here on my blog.
Digital nomads are people who use technology and telecommunications as a means to earn a living; they work remotely from any location – so long as they have access to the internet.
It’s a great business life.
As a digital nomad, I use LinkedIn because it’s a social media platform with professional tools that promote my digital nomadic lifestyle.
How often I utilise LinkedIn for my digital business
Being a digital nomad means I’m always connected to the internet and working on various projects online.
LinkedIn is one of the social media tools I love, endorse and use to generate leads and potential clients all over the world, while also connecting with existing clients and building credibility.
For this reason and many more, I use LinkedIn every day for my digital nomadic business.
Regularly utilising the LinkedIn platform ensures I’m in front of my audience at all times, while also keeping me abreast of their activities.
Advantages of LinkedIn for business growth
LinkedIn is one of the few social media platforms built for business and professional purposes. The LinkedIn social platform promotes connection for corporate and marketing activities and as a platform can help grow your business and profile through:
- Lead generation
With LinkedIn, business owners can generate leads through networking with potential clients. While, it’s important to use your personal profile page, also creating an interesting company page with relevant information about your business niche will brand you as an expert in your field.
Having a great personal profile and company page on LinkedIn is an excellent way to show people what you do and how you can help, while gaining attention for your business too.
When people search for your niche on Google and the search engines, your business page and personal profile will show up to increase your exposure to other people, either in the same field or to potential clients looking for experts in your niche.
Go and try it now … if your LinkedIn profile doesn’t come you might have a bit of work to do on it.
- Quality business connections
LinkedIn is full of like-minded people and businesses who are forward thinking professionals also looking for ways to improve and grow their businesses, profiles and careers. Connecting with like-minded people helps you build stronger business connections that will help you and your company to grow.
Benefits of LinkedIn to my digital nomad business
Here are 5 ways using LinkedIn for your digital nomad business can help you:
- Grow your business.
The digital world is becoming more and more competitive; so to remain relevant, you need a strong social media presence. LinkedIn provides a platform for you to show your offerings and skills to potential clients while opening doors of business networking – on and offline.
- Increase credibility
Because of the nature of a digital nomad business, some people might not trust the company as they don’t have a base, however, this should not be a concern with so many businessowners and companies opting for this type of business, career and lifestyle nowadays.
Thanks to LinkedIn, we have a platform where we can build credibility and gain trust amongst our customers and potential clients easily by sharing useful content and showcasing how we can help people.
- Get recommendations
The recommendation feature on the LinkedIn platform is one of the best advantages LinkedIn has to offer over other networking platforms. The more recommendations you get from satisfied customers, the more credibility you can build, and the more opportunities you have to generate more leads and business.
If this is an area you would like to see expand … put it out to your network and ask for recommendations.
- Spread the word
LinkedIn is an awesome platform to really share your message, content and ideas with other business owners and potential clients. It is the ideal place to ask for help, recommendations and also do market research. Also with LinkedIn groups,youcan share ideas with peers and those who are like-minded.
HOT TIP: Have you joined any groups lately? With LinkedIn groups, individuals have the opportunity to rub shoulders, or minds rather, with people in different circles; sharing experiences and building stronger business connections. Go and do a search related to where you target market are hanging out and join one!
- Get found online
Searchable optimised headlines – an SEO hack and great tool used by individuals or companies when writing to ensure their brands and contents gets to the proposed audience. It’s a headline that grabs the attention of readers and helps to determine if the content can offer solutions to what readers are looking for in the search engine, so be sure to use it to your advantage too.
Other ways to ultilise LinkedIn when you have adigital nomad business
Aside from benefits enjoyed by using LinkedIn stated above, LinkedIn also helps digital nomad businesses:
– Connect with clients from any location – LinkedIn gives you the freedom to communicate and work with clients well beyond your location. Anywhere your services are needed, you will be able to provide it and earn higher foreign exchange in most cases.
– Find co-working space with other digital nomads – Being a digital nomad doesn’t mean you have to work alone. You can find out where other nomads like you are working and hang with them to learn from the community.
– Stay connected with other digital nomads – Connecting with other nomads is easier on LinkedIn through groups and other common elements.
– Get jobs specific to the business niche – You have more options in your desired business niche and this will definitely help you to improve your career as a digital nomad.
Some frequent questions I am asked about LinkedIn
– How do I make specific personalised connections on LinkedIn?
Making specific personalised connections on LinkedIn involves going to the person’s profile and sending a customised invite with a message. Doing this gives you a brief knowledge about the person’s profession and business, plusother personal detail and areas that are important to them.
– How to do I get more visible to potential clients?
Your profile visibility is dependent on a few things, so take these areas into consideration:
- how active you are on LinkedIn
- how many recommendations from satisfied clients you have
- your professional summary and how it is written,
- the content you putting out there and if it is helpful
- If you have an “All-star” profile
- How many connections you have
- If you are posting blogs to LinkedIn
Have a look at these areas and get an action plan in place to cover these.
- What is Upwork and does LinkedInhave the same capabilities?
Upwork is a platform that connects businesses with independent professionals all over the world. It’s similar to LinkedIn ProFinder in the sense that they are both professional social platforms that connect freelancers with clients.
LinkedIn ProFinder has the same capability with Upwork the only difference is the method of operation.
In order to use LinkedIn like you use Upwork, you need to:
– Connect to LinkedIn ProFinder signifying your areas of expertise.
– As a freelancer, you have to subscribe to premium business after your tenth proposal – your proposal submission becomes unlimited after you pay an annual fee.
– On LinkedIn ProFinder, freelancers get approved for a job based on existing profile and recommendations.
– On LinkedIn ProFinder, clients get connected with freelancers within the same geographical location – if there are not enough, the search expands to other qualified freelancers in different geographical location.
As a digital nomad, think of LinkedIn as a tool that helps you to live your best life, connect you to your target audience for work and others like you for more tips and tricks on how to be better at what you do.
These and more are some of the reasons why LinkedIn remains one of the most popular tools for digital nomads today.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
- Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 610 million LinkedIn users currently active –Click Here
- Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn —Click Here
- Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can“Show out” instead of just showing up
Click Here for more details
- Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat